KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  4-24-2016
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Install #1 baffle assembly

Short day in the shop. I did manage to rivet on the little clips for the side baffles. Also, I installed the #1 baffle assembly, then re-connected the prop oil line. I had previously slid the rubber grommet over the oil line, so all I had to do is slide it into position. Sounds pretty simple—well, it is an extremely tight fit and the line is not exactly in the very center of the hole. To move the line would require the fitting to the engine to be re-clocked just slightly. I did not want to disturb the sealant that Lycoming used when the fitting was installed, so I slit the grommet and worked it into position. I’ll use some RTV when I seal the baffles to finish sealing around the grommet and oil line. I also had a re-do on the safety wire for the alternator bracket—just didn’t like my last attempt. This time it turned out much better.
' style=

Riveted clips to side baffles

Riveted clips to side baffles

' style=

This grommet was fun-not!

This grommet was fun-not!

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.