KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  4-21-2016
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Snorkel and #2 baffle work-5

I finished up reaming all holes to #30, and completed all drilling c/s for nutplate mounting. I was able to remove the #2 baffle as a unit without much issue, so on to riveting. I did the edge finish thing, deburred all holes, cleaned up, scotchbrited, wiped with MEK and shot a coat of primer on all parts. While the primer was drying, I mixed up a batch of resin with flox and glued in one of the air ramps to the upper cowling. I also filled in some holes in the snorkel that had been incorrectly drilled. After the primer had dried, I began riveting the parts that make up the #2 baffle assembly. So far, I was able to use the pneumatic squeezer for all of the rivets on this assembly, but I see a couple that I’ll probably have to shoot with the gun.
' style=

Left air ramp glassed to upper cowl

Left air ramp glassed to upper cowl

' style=

Riveting #2 baffles

Riveting #2 baffles

' style=

More riveting

More riveting

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.