Today was more #4 baffle work. I trimmed the oil cooler brace down, then added paper clips and installed the top cowl. Marked for a final trim and cut it down. Checked once again—now I have .4” clearance between the top of the brace and the cowl. Next, I made up some ¾” angle to beef up the inboard side of the oil cooler baffle attach point. After I install the mini nutplate (on order from ACS), I should have adequate clearance with the cooling fins. This angle will also provide a mounting point to run a piece of stainless tubing to a valve cover screw. Next up—conical gussets. It became painfully obvious that I must have missed the conical gusset forming class. I now understand why there was a 24”x6” piece of .032 in the baffle kit—may need all of it to make these stinkin gussets! I laid out the right gusset on poster board , then cut it out of the .032 sheet. Following the directions in the plans, I bent it, cussed it and threw it in the trash. Cut out another one and bent it. This one fits a little better, but not great. Threw in the towel for today. As one poster on VAF remarked “I'm convinced if Vans sent baffle kits first instead of empennage there would be very few RV's in the air....”. Truer words have never been spoken!