Brief Description: Dipstick tube-Install and Safety Wire
Another scorcher in the shop today—sure slows production. I installed the dipstick tube—I used a rubber gasket (RG72059) instead of the supplied paper gasket. A number of builders have reported leaks with the paper gasket. After screwing the tube in, I needed to safety wire it—hmm, a bunch of my wiring is blocking access to the lower portion of the tube. So, I removed 3 adel clamps and several zip ties to pull the wiring back where I could get at the bottom of the tube. I safety wired the tube using a convenient hole already drilled in the engine block for the anchor. Then, I spent a good bit of time re-assembling the adel clamps along with the associated wiring.
Dipstick tube installed and safety wired
Had to remove clamps and move wiring to safety wire tube