In late August, Van’s released Service Letter SL-00014 which advises the addition of a couple of stiffeners to help carry shear loads from the tailwheel to the bulkhead ahead of it. I ordered the stiffeners as well as some cherry-max rivets. The SL details the placement of the stiffeners. After carefully measuring the location of the fore and aft rivets, I drilled a #40 hole in the top location and clecoed the stiffener. After verifying that the bottom hole in the stiffener lined up with the mark I made when measuring, I drilled the bottom hole—then proceeded to drill the other 3 holes. The SL calls for AN426AD3 rivets, but I elected to use cherry-max. I match drilled the holes up to 1/8”. The stiffener requires a slight trim on each end. I used my pneumatic squeezer to dimple the stiffener and 3 holes I could reach thru the inspection hole. The bottom 2 holes were dimpled using a pop rivet dimple set. Repeat the process for the opposite side. Cleaned up and primed the stiffeners—then clecoed them inside the tailcone area. I pop riveted CR3212-4-2 rivets in the forward 3 holes. I used CR3214-4-2 rivets for the aft 2 holes. The pop rivet dimpler does not make as crisp a dimple as the squeezer. The CR3214 rivets are a slightly reduced head and gives a better fit in these dimples. Replaced the inspection panels and made a logbook entry. As some point, I plan to visit the paint shop and have the tailcone area touched up to cover the unpainted rivet heads.