KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  11-27-2017
Number of Hours:  2.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Pin hole mayhem continures!

I’ve continued working on wheel pants—as time permits. Seems like much wasted effort over the last week. After I had brushed on a coat of resin to seal the pin holes, I ended up sanding almost all of it off to get the brush strokes out. Next, I tried applying resin and spreading with a credit card. After this was dry, I lightly sanded and shot a coat of sanding primer—still had plenty of pin holes! Arg!!! As a last desperate attempt to get the pin holes banished, I tried something I saw on VAF. I sanded off all of the sanding primer on the left rear pant half. Then, I applied a coat of drywall mud--spread this with a credit card and left to dry. The next day, I sanded off the drywall mud and inspected the surface of the pant. It appears that all of the pin holes are filled with drywall mud. Maybe this method will work as others have reported. I mixed up a 50/50 batch of resin and Acetone to make a very thin epoxy. I brushed this on and squeeged off the excess with a credit card—the thought here is that the thinned epoxy will absorb into the drywall mud in the pin hole leaving a smooth surface. This might just work! So, I sanded the other three pant parts and applied drywall mud to them. Tomorrow, I will lightly sand the thinned epoxy and shoot some sanding primer. If this works, I’ll follow the same procedure for the other parts. Only logging 2 hours—probably spent 10 times that number working on pin holes without much progress!
' style=

Secret weapon for pin holes

Secret weapon for pin holes

' style=

3 pant parts coated with mud

3 pant parts coated with mud

' style=

Applied thinned epoxy to L rear half pant

Applied thinned epoxy to L rear half pant

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2018 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.