I finished flying off the 40 hours in Phase I—now Nancy and I are free to fly and take some cross country trips. After giving several rides in the plane, I decided it’s time to get the wheel pants finished. I put down a sheet of ¾” plywood on the hangar floor to get a smooth surface to work off of. I leveled the plane, dropped plumb bobs fore and aft, then marked a center line on the plywood floor. I fit the right pant, installed the 1” spacer on top of the tire and aligned the center with the center tread of the tire. The center of the aft end of the pant is supposed to be 1.625” higher than the center of the axle. I measured to the center of the axle and added 1.625”. I used this dimension to set the vertical height of the aft end of the pant. I blocked up the aft end and used an old battery to keep the lateral dimension in alignment with the center tread on the tire—eyeballed this as best I could. I clamped the U808 bracket to the pant and used a 90 degree angle attachment to match drill thru the bracket and the fiberglass pant. I clecoed as the drilling progressed until all 4 holes were drilled. I checked the lateral and vertical planes of the pant and they were still good. So, I moved to the left side and went thru the same routine. I measured the distance between each pant at the front and aft area of the pants. There is about .4” difference—looks like the front is toed out just a bit. After I drill the U807 brackets to the pants, I plan to correct the front toe out by building up the inside surface of the rear pant where it contacts the U807 bracket—that should push the tail outboard, thus pulling the front inboard.