I’ve been flying off the required 40 hours this summer—only have about 6 hours left to finish up Phase I. So, it’s about time to get some work done on the wheel pants. Before I moved the plane to a T-hangar, I had gotten the front and rear halves fit together and had drilled holes to cleco the halves to each other. I raised the tail up and got the plane leveled in pitch and roll. I cut a notch in the rear half of the right pant to fit around the gear leg. This took a good deal of cut and fit, cut and fit, in addition to opening up the bottom to get some clearance with the tire. When the rear half fit, I also had to make a small notch in the front pant as well. I followed this same “cut and fit” procedure for the left wheel pant. I was able to measure the size of the opening on the right side and applied this to the left pant—made fitting the left pant go much faster. Both of these openings will eventually be covered with a fairing. Before going any further on the wheel pants, I need to move to another hangar for a few days. The floor in my rented T-hangar is not flat enough to accurately align the wheel pants—the floor is not very smooth plus it is sloped for drainage.