KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  6-16-2017
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Glued felt strips to canopy skirt

I’ve been rather complacent about keeping up this log. Instead, I’ve been more concerned with flying. I now have 3.5 hours on the plane. The first flight was almost flawless—flew straight and level hands off. I’m running the engine pretty hard to get the rings seated. Trying to keep the power around 75% and the EGT’s under 400. From the first flight, I did have a “buzz” at the rear of the canopy—not uncommon for the -8. Today, I cut some 1” felt strips and glued along the inside of the skirt--started where the side curves up and continued to the aft end of the skirt. I’ll see if this doesn’t remedy the issue on the next flight. Most of the other items have been in calibration of various parameters in the Dynon. One thing that got my attention was the flaps would not extend. There is a setting in the VP-X which controls the speed at which the flaps will operate—I had it set too low, but once the plane slowed below that number, the flaps worked as advertised. I also calibrated the AOA & compass while airborne yesterday. Today, I performed the Dynon backup battery test and autopilot calibration. Probably have a dozen more “tweeks” to go, but so far nothing major. A few days ago, I traveled to the FSDO and obtained my repairman’s certificate. Now that the project is a real airplane, I am licensed to work on it. It feels like summer has arrived--the Texas sun really heats up inside the canopy, but the view is fantastic!
' style=

Felt glued inside skirt

Felt glued inside skirt

' style=

Looking under canopy skirt

Looking under canopy skirt

' style=

Away she goes!

Away she goes!

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.