KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve & Nancy Riffe
' style=
Date:  1-4-2016
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Wing tip lens covers-1

I sanded the 3 areas where I had laid up some glass strips to secure the Archer antenna in the left wing, then I started on theVA-172 wing tip lens covers. They start as one large piece which I cut in half using my dremel. I began with the left tip—taped the cover in position. I used a blue felt pin to mark the outside about ½” from the edge of the indentation in the wing tip. I cut this excess off using tin snips. The cover seems very flexible. I taped it back in position and ran some electrical tape around the cover just outside of the indentation. I took this excess off using my band sander. It sorta melts the plastic and lays it back. I was able to grab the excess and snap it off, followed by a light sanding. I went thru this routine one more time and now it is getting very close to a fit. Have to be careful at this point not to remove too much material—can’t put it back on! Seems like I spent a lot time on just one cover and it still is not finished—maybe tomorrow. I hope the other cover goes a bit faster.
' style=

Cut in half-first trim on L.

Cut in half-first trim on L.

' style=

Slowly trimming to fit

Slowly trimming to fit

' style=

Getting close to final fit

Getting close to final fit

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2021 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.