Brief Description: More brake bleed prep, start upper cowl hinge
I had intentions of filling the brake lines today, but got a bit of late start, so I put it off until next session. I did get everything prepared for the actual filling. I gave up on the idea of using an oil can—probably need a higher quality can to make it work. I switched to a pump up sprayer. I cut the tip off of the wand and slipped on some clear tubing, which I safety wired. The end that connects to the bleed valve was causing me a concern. I found a metal clip at NAPA which seems to hold the tubing firmly in place on the bleed valve now. I had tried zip ties and safety wire, but wasn’t satisfied either would work when pressure from the pump was applied. I also found a water bottle to catch the overflow from the reservoir. Everything is now in place. I also worked on the top cowl hinge attachment. Much of the time spent was trying to figure out what the plans were trying to show me. Anyhow, I got the top short segment cut. Tomorrow (if brake bleeding goes ok), I hope to get the longer top segment cut and then drill them both to the firewall. I just keep finding more stuff that needs to be done before riveting on the top forward cowl.