You might be able to tell that I'm stalling. I really need to go buy and engine and finish this buy my finance partner (wife Jody) has retired and now I'm on a budget. And I'm also a bit a head of my brother in the build, so I'll work on pick up stuff for awhile.
I decided to put on the plastic tips. Instructions suggest first one to do is the elevator.
So I got down my elevators and tips. Per drawing I cut out a notch so they would fit around the lead weight.
Then I match drilled all the holes 3/32.
At this point issues include: width of flange, overall length, adding weight later, most aft holes opposite won't allow rivets, and drilling to 1/8th. So read ahead for solutions.