i removed the in-line fuel filter to inspect it. I figured I never ran a fuel flow test without the filter so any debris from building my RV must have flowed thru this filter. But I was shocked at what I found.
I expected it to be fairly clean. But I found all kinds of debris in the filter. Fuzz, bugs, hair, shavings and dust clumps. I am glad I looked. I cleaned it and now I'm set with a 100% clean filter. I guess this was the building debris I feared might be in there. It was. Look close at the photos and you'll see it.
All the bolts and washers looked good and still in place. I checked joints on stick and elevators.
I did put a safety wired to hold the hinge pin of the elevator trim. It never got installed.
I removed the oil screen, nothing in it. Filter looked clean. I think break-in went well. I added only 1 quart during the first couple hours and then a half more before 10 hours was reached. But I was running on a little over 7 quarts. Now it is filled to 8. I'll see how long it stays at 8 quartes. I expect 1 quart to blow thru and stabalize at 7.