KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Scott's Aircraft Build Logs
' style=
Date:  5-24-2015
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Sikaflex process - 05

After getting out I went back around the outside making sure everything was cleaned up. It became apparent that we needed some pressure on the "ears." I dug out some cargo straps and placed them on the aircraft on top of wood blocks to create some pressure. You can see the wood blocks in image one and two. Image three shows the left side of the canopy and the filet. That is pretty consistent with the rest of the canopy.

Headed to a BBQ this evening so we will stop by to check on everything later tonight. Tomorrow I will pull the canopy frame off the aircraft to set all the skirt rivets and apply another bead of Sikaflex on the aft canopy frame.

EDIT We stopped by around 7:00PM and everything was fine. One of the wood blocks was sticking to the "ear" so I moved it slightly. All the edges are nice and tight and straight. This frame is strongly attached to the canopy.
' style=

Light side

Light side

' style=

Right side

Right side

' style=

Left side up close

Left side up close

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2020 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.