Yesterday I was doing some paint touch up on the cabin frame. I did not like the finish, so after lightly sanding I grabbed a rag to wipe it down before painting. I did not realized I grabbed the one rag that had MEK on it. Well, after sanding alot more surface area than I had intended I primed the frame last night. Today I painted it.
After that fiasco I went back to the front deck. I clecoed the desk skin on (F-771) and it was a little bit of a struggle to get it in place. It is a very tight fit. I drilled all the rivet holes to size, then went to lunch.
After lunch I drilled the angle bracket F-743B to the firewall. This angle was already riveted to the forward fuselage channel. The channel runs under the middle of the forward deck, so to drill the angle you have to remove half the clecos, hold the skin up (but not too far) and reach in with an angle drill. Not fun, but doable. Next was the fitting of the foward canopy decks (still covered in blue plasitic in the images.) That fit was relativiely easy. But the instrument panel sits about 3/32" too high. I will trim it down tomorrow.
The 1/8" clecos in the center hold the F-743B angle