I decided to complete the toolbox kit and the classroom kit that Van's sells in their catalog. The kits came a couple of weeks ago, but my work schedule has prevented me from getting started. Today I started working on the toolbox kit. I read on someone's web site the instructions were pretty vague and at first I agreed. As the work progress I decided I was glad the instructions were vague. Step by step "put tab A in slot B" may have made the project easier, but making me think through the process, read the instructions again, look for a thrid time and re-read the instructions before beginning really is much better. At least for me.
If you order the kit you will see what I mean. I liked the idea of sharping the problem solving skills while building something that is not going to fly. The images here are after the ends were riveted in place. This was my first exposure to riveting. Boy, what a wake up. In the third image I am working on fitting the piano hinge. Just don't look too close at the riveting.