I spent about 5 hours getting the hangar ready for building. I had stuff laying everywhere. the compressor needed to be setup and I needed electrical to all the shop tools. Once everything was put away (well, almost everything) my wife helped me move the damaged wing to the work table for assessment. The leading edge, where the wing tip attaches, had a small dent in it. Looking at the damage the dent seemed small. I grabbed the wingtip, put it in place and you could see the flattened leading edge much more clearly. It was worse than the first inspect indicated.
I found an old elevator balance weight that was close to the curvature of the wing leading edge. Using a dead blow and the weight I was able to slowly work out about 90% of the damage. I would work the leading edge, put the wing tip back on to measure my progress and repeat. After about twenty minutes the bottom of the wing and most of the leading edge was fixed. Because the wing was laying upside down on the bench I decided to wait on the top portion until I put the wing back on the plane. Once it is right side up I will be able to clearly see how to work it back in shape.
I am pretty sure we have dodged a bullet. Too close for comfort.