Finished up the pilot side exterior weldement drilling left over from yesterday. I found that on the pilot side I needed to grind down the weldement lip slightly to allow cleco/rivet clearance from the L angle that goes through the top of the gear channel and the side skin.
Then I got started on the gear channel doubler work, most of which takes place in tight quarters on the underside. Since I don't have a true right angle drill, I reassembled the Frankendrill for the occasion. Started out by drilling through the pre-drilled holes in the weldement tabs into the gear channel front and back. Getting the right number of holes in the right places took some doing. Lots of drill bit switching and cleco swapping. I am running short on black and gold clecos and had to borrow from other areas. I have more black ones on order and should have gotten more gold as well.
This part is taking longer than expected, but I'm glad to be past it now.