This is another summary entry for the work on the windshield over the last few days.
There were several more trim/fit cycles before I decided it looked good. The last few cycles were with the moulding in place as that changes the fit a bit. I tried to get the sides of the windshield even with the inner tangent of the cabin frame tube. The cabin skin needed to be trimmed back as it extended beyond the tubes. The trim pieces that go on the sides of the windshield were adjusted to fit better. Pilot holes were measured and drilled. Used an acrylic drill bit and the trim pieces to transfer the pilot holes to the windshield. Using the windshield and trim, the pilot holes were put in the cabin frame tubes. The holes in the windshield got expanded to 1/4" win an acrylic bit to prevent cracking. I decided to follow the HBH tip and tapped the cabin frame holes for 8-32 screws instead of using the screws provided by Zenith. Finally, I screwed the windshield and trim pieces into place.
The windshield is still not attached at the top. I will do that when I add the overhead window later. I just wanted to get the windshield in its final position so I would know the outline on the nose for trimming the upper cowl.