This is another summary for the work done in bits and pieces over the last week.
Couple of things wrong with my center console covering plan from the last entry. First, the cover is for the stick and tunnel, not the center console. Second, the velcro idea was going to end up looking really nasty due to the thickness of the strips.
So I stripped off the epoxy I had used on the console. Decided to cover it with the rolled material instead and use spray adhesive. So I cut and attached the material. I wanted to try and hide the attach screws, so I left a flap hanging over the top sides. I chose an adhesive with a removable bond so I could access the screws under the material. Unfortunately, the bond is not good enough to secure the flaps. I'll deal with those later.
I removed the map box from the panel and installed it and the center console. Connected wiring and retested with a car battery.
With the panel and center console in place, I riveted the top skin. That should set the curvature of the top for fitting the windshield and top cowl.