Brief Description: New panel, Center console cover prep
This is a summary entry for the last week.
The vast majority of the time was spent cutting, filing, drilling, and deburring the new panel. I'm pleased with how it is turning out. I did not install the material provided in the Zenith upholstery kit, but may at some future date once I have had this configuration for a while. Attached Velcro to the panel and the back of the tablet. Epoxy worked well on the panel and Super-Gorilla glue on the non-stick back of the tablet.
Before moving the panel back into the plane I took another look at the upholstery kit, specifically the covering for the center console. This seems like a good time to do some trimming and fitting since I have fuses and switches located there and the Viking View display computer mounted on the side. Removed the CC and assembled on the bench. Began to attach Velcro in strategic spots so the cover can be removed easily. Just got started.