KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Steve's CH750 Cruzer (N750SB)
' style=
Date:  5-26-2018
Number of Hours:  3.75
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Initial work on bottom cowling

Started to work on the bottom cowling. Started by removing the prop assembly and re-installing without the blades so I would have the spinner backplate to use as a reference. Removed exhaust until ready to drill the cowling hole for it.

Used a dremel to cut a slot for the nose gear. With that done, I went to see how an initial fit would go. One thing I found out was that by slightly offsetting the radiator towards the passenger side, I introduced some interference with the cowling. So I marked the location and trimmed it to fit. Next, I encountered the interference from the unused automobile mount point on the engine. I cut it off with a hacksaw which helped. Next, it was the gearbox getting in the way. I guess I'm just going to have to have a hole in my cowling there as well. I pretty much expected that from the example in the Viking install video. It also appears I am going to need to make adjustments to at least one of my coolant hoses to raise it up. Sure wish I had done this before filling the system. Time to add a "Note from future self" to that post.

At the moment I'm holding the bottom cowl in position with clamps and a bungee over the engine.
' style=

Auto mount point interference (now cut off)

Auto mount point interference (now cut off)

' style=

Cowling positioned with clamps and bungee

Cowling positioned with clamps and bungee

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2018 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.