KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Rogers Sonex Site
< Previous Log Entry          Next Log Entry >
' style=
Date:  5-6-2013
Number of Hours:  0.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Progress update

I haven't been doing the daily updates so I'll just do a recap. The last month has been spent flight testing, tweeking, adjusting and tuning. It's flying good .. all temps are good ... getting speeds about the same as my previous Sonex. With a little fine tuning on the timing I may pick up a couple mph. Top rpm I'm seeing is about 3380 at around 126 mph.
At the time of certification I wasn't sure if I'd put on the wheel pants .. but I decided to go ahead and do that so I've completed that.
I got all the fiberglass painted. I used Rustoleum since others had said they had good luck with it. After painting I wet sanded it with 1000 paper, then used rubbing compound to bring out the shine. I also had an "AeroVee" decal made for the sides of the cowling.
I have a very slight oil seepage from somewhere .. I haven't located it
yet. Nothing I'm going to worry much about at this point.
Now it's just a matter of completing the Phase 1 testing and finalizing the performance. So far it pretty much matches my previous one (#583).
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=
< Previous Log Entry          Next Log Entry >










Copyright © 2001-2020 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.