Spent the morning gathering things for cleaning. Took block, heads, bell housing, front covers, and cylinders to the local car wash for the initial cleaning.
Had a hard time with 3 of the head studs. It took PB Blaster a professional stud remover and a pipe wrench to get one of them out. I tried the wax route first as outlined in the WW manual but it didn't get things moving. PB Blaster and a few taps got it moving. Looks like I might not have to heli coil.
Pic 2 shows what turned out to be a leaky rubbermaid tank. I set the heads in then the case halfs and both front covers. Filled it with hot soapy water (Dawn Detergent), closed lid and went out to dinner. When we came back the tank had leaked several gallons and the parts were not covered any more. Time to get a steel tank I guess.