Spent most of my time today working on the top cowl. I know fiberglass is the bane of many metal builders but my originla plan was to build a fiberglass aircraft so I'm reasonably comfortable with it. I made my marks per the plans and the initial cut was almost dead on. Made some adjustments and fine tuning with some permagrit blocks and it's good to go. Theres a couple spots that ended up a little too much that I will go back and fix with some cabosil slurry once everything is in the final position. I have finalized my decision to use camlocks on the firewall and hinge pin on the split so I need to get those ordered. I also did the initial markings on the lower cowl for ther nose gear leg. Per plans the width is 1.75" but I'm doing like others and going with a wider slot to facilitate removal with my 3 blade prop. The Showplanes cowl helps with this also with their transition piece between the cowl/leg/fuselage. I will then create a hinged cover for anything forward that is still exposed. The width i chose was 2.5".