- Made the canopy latch guide pin (D02-17), photo #1. It was way too much metal to grind away to get the bullet point, so I used my Dremel cutoff wheel to carve away material from 4 faces, making a point. Then I used the grinding wheel and finally the Scotch Brite wheel.
- Per the instructions on D01 the 3/32" guide hole (photo #2) was used to drill through the square canopy slide tube, into the longeron to set it's location.
- The the canopy rail comes off, the hole is enlaged ONLY on the tube (not the angle), and an 8-32 tap is used to create threads (photo #3).
- After cleaning everything I used JB Weld on the threads of the pin to lock it in place in the square tube (photo #3).
- Went back to the longeron and cleaned up the hole with the deburring tool and some sandpaper.
Pin made from AN3C-10 bolt.
Located the hole by drilling through the 3/32" hole already in the canopy angle.