I did numerous things tonight, so it's on 2 pages.
- Finished drilling the 3 holes for the connecting bolts in the elevator pushrod splice (photo #2), then installed the bolts.
- Riveted in the 2 vertical pushrod supports (photo #1).
- The elevator was not getting its full-up deflection, so I had to trouble shoot that. There were a couple of things rubbing, including the round fat part of the idler pushrod hitting the vertical aluminum bellcrank (photo #3). I had to add some washers between the pushrod and the aluminum bellcrank to get it to stand off a bit. That helped.
- But still the elevator wasn't making full deflection UP. The main elevator pushrod was hitting the bottom of the hole in the rear spar carry through channel, so I had to grind out more of the bottom of the hole to let the pushrod and bellcrank reach full extension (you can see the elongated hole in photo #3).
- The elevator is better, but it still does not have full deflection. I need to do some more troubleshooting.