Brief Description: Continue rear spar carry through
Continued with the rear spar carry through instructions on F02.
- Put the shear angle back on the fuselage to drill the remaining holes that had not yet been drilled.
- Put the shear angle on the rear spar carry through assembly and updrilled everything. Then of course there was the disassembly and deburring.
- Drilled the 1/4" holes through the vertical attach angles (just above the bottom cleco in photo #3).
- Assembled all the parts of the rear spar carry through and riveted and bolted per plans.
- I did NOT rivet the vertical attach angles. The rear spar carry through won't fit around the "stuff" inside the fuselage if you do. So I put the rear spar carry through assembly in place, THEN cleco'd the vertical attach angles in place.
- Tomorrow I will rivet the shear angle to the fuselage structure (the empty holes across the bottom of the angle in photo #2).
Rear spar carry through assembly to the right
Vertical angles had to be placed AFTER the carry though or the carry through would not fit