- Finished deburring the rest of the formers and turtle deck skin
- Had my wife help me get the skin in place again.
- Put all the parts back together and cleco'd in place
- Started riveting the turtle deck skins with -42 rivets. Unfortunately I got carried away and began riveting horizontally along the top of the fuselage side skin. I got about 20 rivets in when I realized I was going through the longeron angles as well as the skins, and therefore the -42 rivets were too short! A quick look at the plans confirmed I should have been using -44 rivets there.
- So... I removed 20 rivets. Well, at least I'm pretty fast at it now.
- And then I finished riveting along the longerons with the proper -44 rivets.
I didn't get inside the fuselage to rivet the various parts, pieces and angles in there. I also didn't rivet formers #1, since I want to paint those red before I install them. So I left those and their supporting angles cleco'd.