Going 1-1/2 turns per nut, I slowly bend the skin. I did have to add some tape along the way (photo #2) to keep the weight of the skin from counter-bending (toward the floor) as the skin pushed into the notch.
I wound up with a slight dent/oil can effect in one small spot before I added the tape. The counterbending is what caused it. Hopefully I can work it out. Bummer on that score.
Photo #3 is deceiving. After removing the skin from the brake the amount of spring-back was CONSIDERABLE, so the skin was nowhere near the minimum 85 deg called for on the drawings. So I'm rather bummed that this method did not works "as advertised."
So I'm going to mix methods and put the skin through the "vacuum bag" method to try to get the rest of the needed bend.
Using tape to keep the skins from counter-bending outward.
The radiused 2x8 bottomed out in the notch.
The skin with the brake all the way bottomed in the brake.