Brief Description: Almost finished right wing spar
ALMOST finished the spar tonight. I got done everything except the 8 bolts that hold W11-01. The nuts are in a VERY difficult space to get to because the fatest part of the lower spar cap is in the way. So I'll save those until I'm "fresh." Volleyball league tomorrow night, so likely I won't finish until Friday night.
When setting the rivets holding W11-01 in place (third picture, below), the first two looked awful. The -12 rivets are just TOO LONG. But the -10's are too short. So with all the rivets taped in place I got out my Dremel tool and carefully cut a bit off the top of the rivets. They set MUCH nicer after that. I know they have tools to precisely cut rivets, but I don't have one, and would only need it for these two wing spars, so I went with what I had on hand.
I've also started adding torque seal to all my torqued bolts/screws, so I can be sure of which ones I've torqued and which I have not.
695 total project hours to this point, and 16 months.
Looking down nearly completed spar
Angles and wing attach block with bolts and screws