- I first tie-wrapped the wires from the push-to-talk switches (coming out holes in the base of the vertical sticks) to the control triangle.
- Per the instructions in the plans I put 1/16" shims between the control assembly and the spar tunnel.
- When I went to the back and checked the elevator horn I found it was not touching the horn stop (red line in photo #1) as it should.
- So I used my Dremel cut-off wheel to cut off a little more than 1/8" of the opposite end of the pushrod. The horn still did not touch so I used my files and a lot of elbow grease to take off enough material so that the horn bottomed out finally.
- Then I began drilling the holes in the pushrod, using the holes already in the idler pushrod to create the pilot holes in the main pushrod. I started with a 3/32" bit then updrilled until I got to the requisite 3/16" hole for an AN3 bolt. You can see the first bolt in photo #3. It was too late at night to drill the other two, so I'll do that tomorrow.
Elevator horn stop was not making contact (red line)