- The gasket sealant I tried to use on the vent tube (to connect to the drip pan) did not work. It was too soft and flexible. So I took it out and cleaned all the parts with mineral spirits, roughed up the surfaces, and used JB Weld to connect the two (photo #1). The blue painter's tape is holding it in place while the JB Weld dries.
- I again used a coat hangar as a mock-up to find the bends needed in the fuel line that goes from the bottom of the tank, makng a couple of curves, and then exiting the firewall (photo #2).
- Started looking at creating the headset jacks. I bought 22ga, 4 conductor, shielded wire. I actually only needed 3 conductors. Pulled the wires free of the shielding and cut off the excess shielding. Then striped the ends of the 3 wires.
Overflow line (left) JB Welded to the overflow pan.