- Got some hardware from A/C Spruce today, so finished installing the center seat belts. The reason I needed a -27 bolt (instead of the -13 called on the plans) is because of the LOWERED SEAT MOD that I'm building. This area is wider in the lower seat version.
- Watched the EAA video (by Kerry Fores at Sonex) on how to drill the titanium rod for the tail wheel landing gear spring. VERY helpful. Drilled through with a 1/8" cobalt bit, then the final hole with a 1/4" cobalt bit.
- Loosely installed the titanium gear spring with its bolt. The plans say to torque it down, but since I still have to drill another hole in the titanium rod, that can't be done yet.
- Drilled the 3/8" hole in the pivot fitting (seen in photo #3).
- Measured for the pivot fitting at the other end of the rod (set the distance with some duct tape in photo #3). Marked the hole location on the titanium rod. Will drill another night.
This wraps up my work of 2011. Total project hours to date = 1,476. Of that, the total for 2011 was 528 hours.
Attached center seat belts with -27 bolt
Titanium tailwheel spring gear in its fitting (bolt/nut loosely fit)
Tail wheel parts from the side. Tape on titanium bar is to set distance for pivot mount