Brief Description: Starting RIGHT forward fuselage
Wow! There are a lot of parts that go into this fuselage side. It took me 45 minutes just to find all the parts and lay them out on the skin.
While laying out the pieces I noticed some alignment issues. I moved all the pieces aside and remeasured the skin. I found some discrepancies. For one, the fuselage was about 1/8" too tall. Hmmm. How did that happen. Then there were some minor alignment issues with the wing cutouts.
So faced with perhaps remaking both skins I looked forward in the plans to see if I could make some corrections without affecting the rest of the build. I determined that I could (that took me a full 30 minutes, so it was not a quick decision). So I marked the areas where the cutouts had to change shape a bit, and then used my files to reshape.
I put the left skin against the newly tailored right skin and found fewer discrepancies in the left skin, other than the skin was about about 3/32" too tall.
So I didn't really make much progress tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night I will.