- The stock comes 3/4" thick and a little over 1" wide. It took me some head scratching before I realized that unlike the other phenolic pieces, to make this one the SHINY faces go against one another (photo 1).
- The holes that the fasteners will go through are 3/16", but I used a smaller bit to get through initially, then later used the 3/16" bit. To hold the blocks together while drilling on the drill press I used double sided carpet tape, and then also some duct tape. I then drilled through with the small and then the 3/16" bit.
- To hold the blocks together while drilling the large 1" hole I put in 2 AN3-7 bolts; one in each hole but from opposite sides (photo 3).
- The resulting wide faces were not quite flush with one another so I put the assembly in the vice and used the vixen and then the mill files to get them flush and smooth.
- Put the assembly into the drill press vice and drilled the hole with the 1" forstner bit. I put some marks on the faces (photo 3) to make sure I matched up the right blocks in the right direction later.
The blocks are oriented with the shiny faces facing one another