KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Barracuda
' style=
Date:  6-20-2007
Number of Hours:  25.00
Manual Reference:  SHT 303
Brief Description:  RIBS

Finished all ribs for outer panels. Everything went according to plan no big surprizes - I will say it got tiresome glueing all the gussets on - time and time again .

Notes : all gussets were 100% coated with T-88 on the side being glued - I did this to help later on in weather proofing and I read it somewhere. Also I went forward and added the three inch by three inch gussets at the spar attach points for ribs 1 & 2 this is where the spar straps will be cut into the
rib verticals. These Gussets are not mentioned in the manual until the ribs are attached to the spars but seems to me it should be done now.


How much epoxy is enough. I did several test to determine how much is enough. Seems a thin coat that will provide a small glue line "squeeze out " is more than enough. All test block passed even with out any squeeze out. I decided my pass fail " visually would be the presence of some squeeze out at the glue line. this would be a go / no go inspection per each gluejoint prior to clamping. I have tried to fail this epoxy in every way I could think of "reasonably". Clamp / no clamp, extreme pressure , dirty joint , damp joint . The glue joint never failed in all tests and I had alot of time between rib set ups to just fiddle .
' style=





' style=

Last one

Last one

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.