I remeasured (scaled from plans) axle center to lower torque link mount , it is approximayely 10.50 inches not 11.00 per my last log . Made the adjustment to my spacer and assembled.
I had to skim the lower tube for the press fit - the fork I.D. held a true 2.00" the lower leg varied between 2.010 and 2.015 . The original cessna tube was 2.006 so I trued the lower leg too 2.008 and still had a hard time trying to press it - not so much because of diameter , its just a long akward piece and wanted to skew sideways . I decided to place both parts in the freezer - had lunch - and 2 hours later softly taped the lower leg into the fork with a mallet and block. Now the lower leg began to seat squrely in the fork boss. I then blocked the assembly in the press and completely seated it . I will bead blast the fork entirely and dye check for cracks . The fork still rings cleanly when tapped but the pressing operation could have caused stress . I decided along time ago that - good enough wouldnt do - I couldnt imagine going to take off power on the first flight and racing through my mind were all the - "good enoughs", particularly with this part and the AD history of the older forks .
rig for operation dissasemble and send to powder coat