At first glance the steering antler seemed a difficult chore. I spent more time deciding how to fabricate it than it took to make it - guess it helped . First made a hard wood block to the proper profile with a 7/8 in hole in proper position, layed out the 1/8 plate (scribed ) - drilled . I did not rough cut dimensions at this point ! Pinned plate to wood profile block with the 4130 steel tube cut for the neck - then heated and formed the bends - wood does smolder but the bends form quickly. After forming I rechecked all origional scribing lines - had to add about 3/8 th of an inch to the tips of the antlers to make up for lenght used during the bending process - I planned for this - which is why I did not cut the profile earlier . Mig tacked all pieces in square - ready for tig.