Brief Description: Final Size skin holes for Vertical Stabilizer (6-3
Finally finished up July vacations and family visits. I’m a little torn because as much as I enjoy building, I’ve been able to fly the RV-12 down to Georgia several times, which has been great. I now have over 150 hrs on her. So, I finally got back out to the garage and started fitting the skin and put together the internal skeleton. My first attempt to fit the skin made me realize that I needed to grind down the nose corners to keep from denting the skin. I managed to smooth it out some, but we’ll see how it looks when I’m done. I figure there’s a high probability that I will damage the skin when it comes time for riveting. I have some extra skins that I can work with Cyndi on until we get pretty good. Anyway, that’s a ways off, since I still need to build the table for the c-frame and still waiting on SW primer to come in. The c-frame table should be a good project for Saturday. All the #40 holes are final sized and everything pulled apart and deburred…onto the next step.