KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Marks Web Site
' style=
Date:  7-7-2020
Number of Hours:  3.00
Manual Reference:  6-1
Brief Description:  Started Vertical Stabilizer (6-1)

Been on vacation the last few weeks and took the -12 down to Atlanta for a family reunion and to give airplane rides…time to get back to work on the -10. Now I remember how much I L..O..V..E deburring. Actually, it’s not too bad, it’s just my hands are out of shape and start to cramp up. I started working on the vertical stabilizer (section 6-1), where I completed all the match drilling and countersinks. A lot of holes, assembly, disassembly, and reassembly, but that is part of the process. Looking ahead, when it comes to the skin, I see I’ll need to start bucking rivets. I’ll need a lot more practice before I ready to do that on the real parts.
I have also been looking into priming and what method. On the 12 I just used rattle can Ma-Hyde self-etching primer, which I’m happy with. This build I wanted something a little more durable and wouldn’t wipe off with acetone, so I’m thinking about Sherwin Williams wash primer P60G2 and Catalyst reducer R7K44.
' style=

parts drilled and deburred

parts drilled and deburred

' style=

countersinks complete

countersinks complete

' style=

cleaning up some hole edges

cleaning up some hole edges

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2020 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.