Brief Description: 2 - Painted panel, baffle seal and camloc work
My first coat of paint had a few runs, so I got some 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper and rubbed out the problem areas. Recoated but still didn't like the areas of overspray. My third coat looks great. Next I moved over to the engine and replaced the three manifold to head gaskets on the right side. Next I took off the top side baffle seals and replaced them. My first installation had them sloping down toward the front of the engine. That left a gap. This time I kept them level. Next I installed the two back ordered camlocs on the right side of the cowling. Finally I riveted the map box door in place, which resulted in some kick-back marring on a couple of rivets. Once again I sanded, but this time I wiped the area down with rubbing alcohol. Big mistake. When I repainted the door, it wrinkled, so I'll be sanding it down and repainting later. Close -- very close to putting my instruments in place.
Panel basking in the sun after a 3rd coat of paint