Brief Description: Nosebowl fitting complete and misc.
Other than painting it, I believe the last thing to be done to the nosebowl was to find a fix for the gapping that took place the middle behind the spinner. The screws around the outside edges did next to nothing to keep the middle area (that goes around the prop hub) from spreading apart enough to deform the round inlet holes. After a bit of study, the solution was quite simple. One screw/Tinnerman nut between the spinner and the inlets seems to be all that is needed. Good thing, because that is the only area where you can attach any fastener that can be removed without taking off the prop and prop hub each time you want to remove the nosebowl. After that I replaced the nosebowl and cowling, which allowed me to replace two overly long camlocs for the correct size. Finally I used a double Adel clamp assembly (with one bolt through both) to secure the ignition wire coming from the firewall to the distributor center post.