Brief Description: Completed spar cap angles - Part 2
When I made the four long strips, that completely used up my 12' .032 material, so I was now out of material. I wanted to have all four match so badly that I was willing to drive to Aircraft Spruce to get a new 12 foot piece of .032 aluminum (along with the .025" sheets for my wing ribs). When I got home and unrolled the roll, it had a terrible crease about four feet from one end and a nice smilely about the same distance from the other end. My practical side finally kicked in and I decided to make the last top spar cap angle using the splice method. You would think that would be simple, but I was so tired I kept making rookie mistakes like letting the Olfa knift slip sideways, creating deep gashes in the well-formed angles. Drat. Mercifully at around 9pm I finished the last piece. Good thing we are taking a three day mini vacation to Coronado Island in the San Diego area. I need it after a day like today!