Brief Description: Started solid rivet removal in right wing
Using the technique I described on the left wing, I started rivet removal on the right wing tonight. One major difference is that this time I decided to take the time to remove the first 4 nose ribs and the detach the front edge of the first 6 rear ribs. What a difference that has made already! One of the biggest challenges I had on the other wing was access. This gives reasonably good access to all the top row of rivets. The 5 that have to be removed on the bottom spar are still going to be difficult to access, but I still think it will go better than before. I was able to remove all of the 5/32" rivets and 13 of the 3/16" rivets (28 remaining). So far all rivets have come out smoothly.