Brief Description: Completed front canopy & flashing riveting
Using the technique shown in the HomeBuiltHelp.com DVD on 650 canopy installation, I put heat shrink around each of the two pieces of flashing, giving them a finished look. Where they overlapped at the top center, I used 3M weatherstripping adhesive to hold them together. I also used that on the bottom end of each piece. Because the front bottom rails came out looking really clean and good, I opted not to put flashing on them. Since all welded parts and the tubing hoops are all painted black, it gives them a uniform and minimalist look. I like it. All that I have left is flashing around the rear canopy where it mates with the rear top skin, and one more weatherstrip under the flashing I installed today. If I can stay on track, I should be done with the entire canopy project by the end of next week.