As I mentioned in an earlier post, I got permission to increase the thickness of my attach plates to .090" (from .063"). This was to add strength and thickness (for alignment purposes). I also corrected the angle compared to the first set provided by Tom Henderson (3 degrees instead of 8 degrees). When I put the whole thing together, including the wing jigs, things fit perfectly. After a bad run of discovering defective or misaligned parts, I feel like I'm turning the corner. Tonight's work is something to be proud of again. More importantly, it is work I can feel comfortable putting into the air.
Attach plate located on back of rear channel
Jig leveled, showing intersection between spar, skin and attach plate