On days like today, I'd be happy to settle for "2 steps forward and 1 step backward." This was a 5 steps backward day. After weeks and weeks of wrestling over the issue of my narrower-than-designed gear channel, I finally broke down and ordered a new gear channel and welded main gear attachments from ZAC. I also made a trip to Aircraft Spruce to pick up another 4'x8' sheet of .025" 6061-T6 aluminum so I can remake the forward side skins. All because a part supplier other than Zenith who sent me a gear channel that was 7.5mm narrower than plans. I know that is only 1/3rd of an inch, but the ripple effect of having the front and back halves of the airplane closer than they should be was plaguing me at every turn. So I decided to make the most of my enforced hiatus from forward movement (as I wait for CH 650 plans) by going backward and correcting a past error. My learning from this whole exercise is simple: MEASURE EVERYTHING BEFORE INSTALLING IT.