I got all of the various former pre-assemblies and stringers done today. I only deburred the stringers in an effort to spread that chore out over a few work sessions. That part of the build process I find tedious. I found for the thin aluminum the HF 4 1/2" grinder with a metal cut off blade works better than the band saw. (I keep 4-5 of them around with different types of disks in them, so I am not always changing blades) Clean easy precise cuts. It doesn't work welll on the 1/8" stock (the wheel loads up with the soft aluminum). Thicker material cuts well on the band saw or table saw (with carbide blade)
I had to get a modified tap to tap the rear tie down. All of the standard taps won't go deep enough before the shank starts to interfere. So I ground the shank for about an inch past the threads to allow the tap to go a full 1 1/4" inch.
I started the pre-assembly and match drilling. This part is a blast, as the plan really takes shape quickly.
Drilling lots and lots of holes. Match drilling all of the stringers. There are lots and lots of parts as well that go into the basic form.