Put the rudder back together one more time (except for when I attach it to the fuselage ... much later!). Everything went smoothly except for:
- I actually missed drilling a hole in the nose skin. I have no idea how I skipped it, but it was simple enought to re-cleco fasten part of the trailing edge skin with the nose skin under it to drill the hole. Followed by un-cleco fastening, deburring one lousy hole (and checking the trailing edge and spar for new burs). I'll be more carefull in the future.
- Some of the rivets were really hard to seat in the holes before riveting them. Eventuallly I figured out that re-cleco fastening them and then unfastening them helped to make them fit.
- When flipping the tail over to begin riveting, I put some sideways stress on one of the clecos that looked bad when i first noticed it. I was worried the hole might've been deformed, but a rivet still fit in snugly and the rivet looks fine now that it's in. That rivet position now has a slight dimple which may be mostly unnoticeable to others, but my eyes are drawn to it whenever I see that side of the rudder. It's funny because I can't see it in the picture.
The reassembled rudder with rivets all ready to go.